Uncovering The Negligence Behind Cerebral Palsy
Call us today at 888-779-1682 to gain a full understanding of your legal options and how we can elevate your case. Our attorneys offer free consultations at your convenience.
Always Be Asking Questions — Be Your Own Advocate
As your legal advocates, there is a lot we can do, but there is also a lot you can do to gain understanding of the reason for cerebral palsy diagnosis. The medical negligence that may have caused your child’s birth injury likely resulted in a lack of oxygen at birth or during pregnancy due to any of the following:
- Prenatal care negligence such as failure to diagnose and treat infections like rubella (German measles) or toxoplasmosis
- Neonatal care negligence such as untreated, persistent jaundice or kernicterus following birth
- Failure to monitor fetal heart strips or react to fetal distress quickly
- Failure to perform an emergency cesarean section (C-section)
- Improper use of assisted delivery techniques such as forceps or vacuum-assisted delivery, possibly leading to shoulder dystocia, which can result in cerebral palsy
- Head trauma during labor and delivery
Infant skulls and brains are extremely fragile. Obstetricians are well-aware of the caution and active monitoring that must be adhered to during all stages of pregnancy, birth and post-birth. Neonatal care is just as important as prenatal care.
You Have Legal Options. Speak With One Of Our Lawyers Today.
Please call our firm at 888-779-1682, or email our team to schedule a free consultation with one of our Atlanta-based attorneys.
We understand that the news of cerebral palsy is devastating. We will do everything in our power to help you secure long-term compensation to help your child and your family manage symptoms, brain development and ongoing health care related to cerebral palsy going forward.